Saturday 23 November 2019

In praise of plastics

I have been quite excited by the Strelets-r WSS figures but then I am slightly biased when it comes to 1/72 plastics. As a child I went to Britain's then I went to Airfix (the above picture of me in about 72 shows me with some). So to me it's old school. Sure I went to Minifigs, and Essex, Dixon's and so on War games foundry but I have always liked 1/72 plastics. They are simple to convert with head swaps and the anatomical proportions are quite pleasing.  To conclude i don't look at 1/72 plastics as a cheap option but an aesthetic choice. Lovely slim bayonets. 

5 comments:

Fire at Will said...

I just reverted to plastics when I realised how heavy metal figures were in any quantity. Also it used to be a break on my megalomania, but not since Strelets!!

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

I love old wargaming pictures

Unlucky General said...

A bit spooky - that could be me at the same time doing the same thing. I've often thought if the ranges they come out with today were available 20 years ago perhaps I'd still be playing with plastics.

Anton Ryzbak said...

Unlucky General, I think that you speak for a great many of us!

I still have some of my very first Airfix British Grenadiers from my first visit to the Squadron Shop in Hazel Park MI back in 1973! I can't use them anymore as they are as brittle as glass, but I love them just the same!

Archduke Piccolo said...

Quite sound on plastics, sir - and the best use of plastic ever conceived. Although I have some metal armies, most of mine are plastics and proud of it!