Wednesday 16 December 2020

Greg Blake's War of Spanish Succession figures

Greg sculpts, casts and paints his own WSS figs. Here is what he says:

'The scale is 35mm which is unusual but as this collection is very much a personal project I wanted to make it very much my own. Over the years I have built up quite a collection which includes British, French, Austrian, Danish, Saxon, Swedes and Russians - infantry, cavalry and artillery.

 I use Milliput to make the masters. I began the project back in 1983 and made a master of an infantry soldier. Since then I have refined that master and added to the range with officers, drummers, standard bearers, artillerymen, cavalry, Generals, Croats etc. Once the masters are made I put them into a mould and then I can spin as many as I want. It takes time to make the masters and you have to be patient but once you have a basic dolly done you can use it to make different figures. I have deliberately chosen a very traditional toy soldier like pose for the infantry, which is very appropriate for the early C18th era.'

French Guard


French artillery

French cavalry

Swiss (French)

Danish

Austrian

British

Great work Greg!

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

His figures and units are beautifully done! Doe Greg have a website or blog?

Best Regards,

Stokes

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice!