Tuesday 2 April 2024

Revell Seven Years War

 


Back in the early 90s I got into plastic again. Again, as when I was a kid I collected them. The Revell figures were pleasant and they were cheap. I painted loads of them. There was an offer you would get free enamels with a coupon. I used to use enamels for the metallics so it was a win. Prussian infantry were my favourites. I thought they were excellent sculpts.  Plastic soldier review Prussian infantry here. Austrian infantry here and Austrian artillery here. Prussian Hussars here.







2 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

I have some of these figures. All my 'Altmark-Uberheim' infantry are Revell Prussians. As a matter of policy I painted them up as if they were Prussian, with actual units, including the Guard regiment. They featured in a battle against Airfix opponents here...
https://archdukepiccolo.blogspot.com/2022/07/war-of-imperial-succession-prologue.html
They paint up really nicely.
The Austrian Dragoons mainly fetched up in my Imperialist army...
Cheers,
Ion

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Me too! The first several units in the Grand Duchy of Stollen collection were/are these very Austrian and Prussian figures. A few issues with a few of them, but by and large they're very nice figures and still serve alongside their 25-30mm brethren.

Kind Regards,

Stokes