I've a copy, hardback, published 1970, 32 pages (seven in colour), the first 25 on the British Army, with two pages on British Allies, four pages on the French Army and three pages on French Allies. All very basic and not frankly worth the shelf space but it has sentimental value to me.....
I have one - it was my father's [Marlborough being something of a favourite of his]. It's a lovely book accompanying the series of books on battles] Stephen
I do, lovely nostalgic volume. Also I have “Uniforms worn during 1740-1760”, “Uniforms of the Peninsular War”, “ Regiments at a glance” and “The Officers mess, life and customs”. I love Frank Wilson’s illustrations.
4 comments:
I've a copy, hardback, published 1970, 32 pages (seven in colour), the first 25 on the British Army, with two pages on British Allies, four pages on the French Army and three pages on French Allies. All very basic and not frankly worth the shelf space but it has sentimental value to me.....
I have a copy somewhere, rather quaint .
I have one - it was my father's [Marlborough being something of a favourite of his]. It's a lovely book accompanying the series of books on battles]
Stephen
I do, lovely nostalgic volume. Also I have “Uniforms worn during 1740-1760”, “Uniforms of the Peninsular War”, “ Regiments at a glance” and “The Officers mess, life and customs”. I love Frank Wilson’s illustrations.
Post a Comment