Thursday 29 January 2009

My attempts to recruit in the old days

More reenactment nostalgia - in this case slightly embarassing. This is me in my local paper trying to get recruits for the 1685 society in 2000. How many did we get from this act of self-debasement? None. But that's the sort of thing people felt the need to do before the Internet was everywhere - advertise in the real world. I always used to like the posters people in the English Civil War put out in the old days - in pubs, bakers shop windows...'would you like to fight for parliament' or something like that. I suppose now its more incestuous - advertising to people who are already reenactors...probably not so embarassing. For the record I didn't regularly walk out like this from my home...but that's the press for you.

No comments: