Saturday 18 May 2019

Prinz Karl Infantry 1756

So occasionally I have ideas for reenactment groups even though I am retired and mostly I don't post about them, but this one I had a few years ago and it still sounds good to me. The concept is a Hessian Seven Years War group based in the South of England. Recreating garrison life as it occurred in the Invasion scare of 1756. But you could also participate in American Revolution events as there is very little difference between the uniforms of 1756 and 1776 and Prinz Karl were in the Revwar too. They also fought at Krefeld and various European theatre battles. Unlike most Hessian groups I wouldn't get involved in mitres but would stick to musketeers. But this is just an idea.
From Kronoskaf where there is a detailed history. http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Prinz_Karl_Infantry
Prinz Karl  Infantry at Krefeld 1758

1 comment:

Steve J. said...

I think this year the BBC archeaology programme reported from a dig where the Hessians were based in the UK. Can't remember much about it, but it Prof Alice Roberts was the presenter. Worth having a look out for.