Friday 18 October 2019

Wargames rules - Marlburian warfare Stuart Asquith

Back in the late 80s I used to wargame the WSS in 15mm. I had a large French force (Dixon's) and my opponent, the British, using mainly Roundway miniatures - both bought from the Keep in Devizes. These are the rules we used. I can't find them now so this is a borrowed image from John Ewoldt.  I can't really tell you if they were any good as we rarely finished a game. Our forces were so large that deploying them took ages. Oh well. Anyone have a set of these? Cover by Rick Scollins of course. Maybe I am remembering it wrong but I think the French were doomed by these rules but perhaps I was a bad general!

1 comment:

The Wishful Wargamer said...

I think these rules are included in the John Curry publication of (searches Amazon...) "Stuart Asquith's Wargaming 18th Century Battles Including Rules for Marlburian Warfare 1702-1714". Wait a minute, the clue is in the name! I don't have these myself as I prefer the old WRG 1685-1845 rules for this period.
Cheers WW