Sunday 8 February 2009

My ideal range

I've been thinking of what my ideal 42mm figure range would be like. First of all - as I said before - I think static poses work best for this period - so they are basically depicting a battalion in array. Ordered weapons (as my drawing depicts and the engraving by Mallet from 1684 but with the weapons in the right hand) or shouldered arms like the figure at the top of this blog. I'd also like it to be with as much as possible separate weapons or separate right arm/weapon so flintlock or matchlock, half-pike or partisan or flag can be interchanged for many of the figures. Artillery weapons, matrosses, tools and all could be swapped on suitably dressed figures. Be nice to have grenadier poses a little more dynamic - maybe 'at the ready' but nothing too dramatic. Cast with large bases so you don't have to redo them.

What would be the ideal time period to cover? Maybe the two Wars of the Grand Alliance - maybe Sedgemoor to Blenheim? Could appeal to wargamers and collectors if done well. Shame I'm such a crap sculptor.

3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Super fig- I am afraid I can't sculpt either. I guess I will just have to send off to Irregular for some samples anyway...

Ralphus said...

Be interested in seeing photos if you get some. I really like the look of them.

tradgardmastare said...

Sure thing - I will keep you up to date with my progress...
Alan