Thursday 26 February 2009

Pictures from 1988

1988 was a great year for those interested in this period. There was an exhibition on the Glorious Revolution at the National Army Museum which used Living History people (colour pic) to illustrate the various aspects of the army in 1688 as well as paintings and objects associated with the period. Also there were a few reenactments around the country including one at Littlecote House organised by the Marquis of Winchester's regiment (ECWS) in their guise as the First Foot Guards (b/w photo)

Those were the days...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Mother Ross that I see in the front rank? :)

Nigel Tullett said...

Yes they were the days, brings it all back to me now – Littlecote House, as a Winchester officer at the time standing with our lovely plug bayonets fixed and being inspected by royalty. Suddenly the wind picks up and the dam things wobble all over the place, much to royal amusement. Our budget just won’t stretch beyond rubber!

Unknown said...

Yes, well, actually that was me looking down my nose at the musketeer. Amusingly, I was also King Billy, splitting my sides when the bayonets went on and they were all bent like bananas from being sat on in the pub! I did get around a bit in 1988. Well, I was young then.
RossHappyDa2e